What are we?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Felicia, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Felicia

Felicia Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Michigan
    So I got three bantam mixes (chicks) and 3 ducks from TSC. The chicks are bantams, and the ducks are supposed to be Pekins...but 2 of them don't look like it. What do you think?

Chick #1 aka Sukey (I have no idea what breed this baby is...)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chick #2 aka Snuggles (I think this is a Sebright...am I right?)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chick #3 aka Panda What color is he? (I think this is a Cochin. I thought it was a silkie till I saw that its new feathers are extremely straight - sorry that the pictures of Panda aren't good...he never stops moving)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[L to R] Snuggles, Panda, and Sukey
    [​IMG]

The ducks - Elmo, Bandit, and Masquerade. I think that Elmo is a Pekin, but I am not sure about Bandit and Masquerade. Bandit and Masquerade have markings on them (masks and a light over lay on their body) Bandit is much darker the Masquerade and much smaller. They have thinner heads and bodies then Elmo but they were all in the Pekin tub. I was thinking they might be runners, but they only stand straight up if excited or trying to get something - and Elmo does it with them. And they didn't even offer runners there. Any ideas what they could be?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ^I know that Masquerade looks like a runner here, but like I said earlier, they only do this when excited or reaching for something. When walking around, they walk like a normal duck.

2. BoiseBubba

BoiseBubba Serama Psycho

Feb 11, 2009
    Boise, ID
    #1 Sukey: Breed:Old English Color: BBR ( Black Breasted Red )
    #2 Snuggles: Breed: Sebright Color: Silver-Laced
    #3 Panda: Breed: Cochin Color: Blue or Black ( I'm leaning towards black, I remember that my JG chicks had white on their wings.....

Ducks: Fawn and White Indian Runners, identical to my runners....

NOT PEKIN! Runners are thin and lean, like yours, Pekins are HUGE!
    and my runners didn't stand strait until they were older.....

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  3. Felicia

Felicia Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Michigan
    Quote:Thanks! I appreciate it!

[​IMG] I purposely went there for the Pekins...I will love them the same (who couldn't love such an adorable face!?), but its still disappointing that I thought I was buying one thing and got something different.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by