What are we?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Rusty66211, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Rusty66211

Rusty66211 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 28, 2009
    What are we? And yes my hubby already pointed out that they are all chickens maybe some roosters? lol:D
    [​IMG]
    leghorn rooster? very bossy !
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    bearded something see that one is grey the other black? still pretty though.
    [​IMG]
    red star rooster ? notice our schnauzer "emma" keeping and eye on things what about the black one?
    [​IMG]
    buff something?the white one in the back I think is a white leghorn?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    red star hen?
    [​IMG]
    persie our ---we have no idea. She is beautiful grey and is now starting to turn brown on the bottom.seems smaller than the other hens but then she is not as buffed out.
    [​IMG]

2. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    2nd picture down is a Red star rooster (the one that is mainly white).

The pic of the two walking/running must be either Easter Eggers (probably) or americaunas. (bearded/muffed ones)

eta: Spelling

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  3. Rusty66211

Jun 28, 2009
    I thought the guy in picture 4 was a red star rooster. Are they not more colorful. THis white guy is already destinted for the pot after pecking a piece of my hubby's leg out.

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

The last one is a Silver Phoenix hen. You have a red sexlink rooster (white with red in the wing area).

5. Rusty66211

Jun 28, 2009
    thanks speckeldhen any idea about the rest?

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

The Buff Orpington on the ladder is a rooster. I think I see a Welsummer hen (Brown Leghorns look similar, but have white earlobes, while Wellies have red) in the first picture. Also, a Brown Leghorn. Maybe a Production RIR type in there, too. There are two beautiful Easter Egger hens (with beards). The one with lots of blue in her feathers looks like the twin sister to my June.

7. Rusty66211

Jun 28, 2009
    again thanks so much you were a big help I just hope you are wrong about the buff orpington being a rooster. I ordered 25 hens and one red star rooster and so far I have two red sexlinked roosters for sure and then maybe two welsummer roosters I really don't need or want anymore. lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by