what are we????

yomama

Crowing
10 Years
Nov 6, 2009
outside, except when I'm inside
Hi there,

I am new to this forum, and to chickens as well. I recently purchased 4, 1yr old hens. I am unsure of what the two bantam varieties are. I was told by the guy that I bought them from that the red one is a Rhode Island Red Bantam, and he was unsure of what breed the little black hen was. I know that he did have some game mix hens running around, so I am wondering if maybe they may have a little of that too. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

thanks!

welcome-byc.gif

Could you post a pic or two of them? I am sure someone here can tell what they are for ya.

If you have trouble doing the photos you can always upload them to photobucket and then copy/paste the IMG code under the pic to your post here.
smile.png

Finally able to get some pictures up. These are the hens I am trying to identify the breeds of. The first two are of "Violet", and the last two are of "Spicy". I do know they are Bantams. I was told that Spicy was a Rhode Island Red Bantam, but I don't know.
Thanks!!

44142_dscf0037_010.jpg

https://www.backyardchickens.com/fo...ickens.com/forum/uploads/44142_dscf0059_059-2.
44142_dscf0047_020.jpg
jpg[/img]re are the hens I am trying to identify the breeds of:
44142_dscf0059_059-2.jpg
44142_dscf0047_047-2.jpg

I tried to get a little better picture of the red bantam's comb this time. It's very minimal, compared to the other hens. This one Screams too! If I try to pick the others up, they will make alot of noise. But if I pick this one up, she literally sounds like she could be in a horror movie! She settles down quickly, but it still freaks you out at first! (Not sure if that is a breed trait, or a personality trait, but that's how she got her name-Spicy) Thank you to everyone trying to help me figure out what she and her coop mate are. I really appreciate it!
44142_spicy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom