What are we??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by leah_c, May 31, 2010.

1. leah_c

leah_c Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Wisconsin
    These are a couple of my chicks @ 4 weeks. They are now 5 weks old and have changed already since these were taken. Will post better ones once they can get outside and then I could use some help with sexing them as well. But these are a few that I have no idea what breed they are.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. MikasGirl

MikasGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2009
    Coos Bay, OR
    No clue, BUMP!

3. Princess Lay-a

Princess Lay-a Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2010
    Great Falls
    The one in the middle looks similar to a few I have that, and I don't know what they are!

4. bethandjoeync

bethandjoeync Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Iron Station, NC
    what types of combs do they have? are they bantams? I think newer pics would help if they have changed

5. leah_c

leah_c Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Wisconsin
    They are all bantams. They are starting to get more defined combs now. Hoping to get new pics this weekend. There is another black one that someone had said was a golden sebright and this black one has similar markings on the wings as the other one but this one is more black. The brown one from what I've been reading sounds like a SS (speckled sussex?). More input would be great!! New to chickens. This is my first batch. 6 weeks old yesterday.

6. bethandjoeync

bethandjoeync Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Iron Station, NC
    golden seabrights have a lot more gold in them. the black bird you have has a lot of black to be one. I will wait for more pics to make a better guestimate [​IMG]

7. They are cute chickens!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by