What are we?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bigspringshatchery, Mar 22, 2011.

1. bigspringshatchery

bigspringshatchery Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Roanoke Alabama
    I have a friend that has three rposters that have to go. They free range and have been flogging her 2 year old son. This is a pic she sent. She's trying to figure out a breed or even if they are pure. Maybe someone on here will be able to help.

[​IMG]

2. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    The one in the back with the big comb reminds me of a Welsummer Roo. Nice looking birds.. too bad they're so aggressive!

3. Moxiechick

Moxiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2010
    Maine
    The one on the right looks like an Australorp to me. I'm not sure on the other two. The one in the middle could be a Welsummer, but there are a variety of breeds that have that color and I'm only moderately familiar with them. No idea on the little guy on the left. Are those feathered legs I see? Hopefully someone else will post that has more experience.

4. bigspringshatchery

Jun 26, 2010
    Roanoke Alabama
    Quote:They only bother her son. They don't mess with the 2 girls. But I think the boy messes with the Roos. His grandma told me he likes to pull their feathers so I think that's the major problem starter.

5. bigspringshatchery

Jun 26, 2010
    Roanoke Alabama
    Quote:I havent seen the birds in person but that got my attention. It looks like feathers. I'll ask her and see.

6. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    The one in the back looks to be a partridge rock, the black one a australorp the other one a brown leghorn mutt or a poorly marked rosecomb brown leghorn.

7. Lbrad7

Lbrad7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2010
    Ringgold, GA
    The one on the left looks like a mutt. The one at the top is a Partridge Rock and the Black one looks like a Black Australorp.

8. mother o' chicks72

mother o' chicks72 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    Portland, Oregon
    big black ones an australorp

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by