what are we?

rypie13

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 6, 2008
ok, we are chick sitting for our neighbor. These were hatched by her third grade class and so she was just given two sets of eggs. (The first ones were refridgerated so they didn't think they would hatch...but low and behold three did, only two survived.) So the little brown ones are 4 weeks old and the black and white are 5 weeks. Any ideas as to breed or gender on any of these? The big ones are very naughty! they are chest to chest half the time. the little ones have cute feathered feet.
11513_francis_chickens_029.jpg

11513_francis_chickens_022.jpg

11513_francis_chickens_015.jpg

11513_francis_chickens_014.jpg

Last edited:
The pics are VERY small... I am, and this is a TOTAL guess based just on your descrip and what little I can see.....

Guessing...
Cochin on the buff colored one
Barred Rock on the B&W one
and maybe some kind of Cornish or Leghorn or something on the white one

Bigger better pics will yield better guesses
wink.png

Here is a closer view of a couple of them, could the white be a male? Someone said maybe a leghorn. The little ones are only a week behind and so tiny! Thanks to anyone who has info! We are only chicksitting for another day, I just love the little guys it will be sad to see them go
11513_francis_chickens_038.jpg

Thanks! we really thought so but it seems that the comb can differ from breed to breed a little. We were just outside getting water for them and noticed the white ones comb is starting to tip over! Ours are a little older and none of them have anything like that so we are hopeful that we just have girls--but one looks a little suspicious.

Back
Top Bottom