1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What are we?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Angelight, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Angelight

Angelight Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2012
    I know what they were sold as but I'm wondering what BYCers think they are. I'm absolutely in love with them! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This is Mereda. She (we're just going to call them all "she" and hope it sticks. HA!) is a brave little thing with fluffy hair. I have kids, hush! ; )

[​IMG]

This is Rue.

[​IMG]

Beautiful baby needs a name.

Hit me with your guesses on age, breed, sex, etc. I'm new to all of this and I love how the excitement didn't stop with getting my chicks. There is still the waiting and guessing to see what they look like when they're older, what sex they are, etc.! SO FUN!

2. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    [​IMG] the first is a crested breed probably polish, you might have to wait a few weeks and post new pictures to know for sure

3. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    first is a silver laced polish, other 2 are either gold laced sebrights maybe wyandottes, but they look like sebrights to me

4. Angelight

Nov 4, 2012
    Interesting! I've never heard of those (mainly because I've only been concerned with the frizzles and such). I went for Polish and got some confusing little chicks. : )

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Definitely the first one is a polish or another crested breed. The others I don't know I do love the name Rue we have a Rue too! Did you get the name from the hunger games too?

6. Makomd

Makomd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2011
    ES of MD , USA
    I would agree the 2 last ones look to be Gold Laced.

7. Angelight

Nov 4, 2012
    Yes! She seems so quiet and the other two were kind of not so nice to her the first day she was here. I snuck in while they were making a lot of racket. Turns out, she just LOOKS innocent. LOL! She had them running for their lives! The name hit me and I decided it was PERFECT!

8. Angelight

Nov 4, 2012
    The pictures sent to me are of a silver laced and a golden laced hen and one golden laced rooster. I just can't decide if they're bearded or not. LOL!

9. Texasmja

Texasmja Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2011
    The first and third are bearded.

10. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    x2

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by