What are you doing for Halloween?

Chickerdoodle13

The truth is out there...
12 Years
Mar 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Just wondering if anyone is doing anything fun for Halloween. The past three years (including this one) we've had tests the week after Halloween, so I haven't had much of a chance to enjoy the holiday! It is one of my favorites.

This year I'm going to a friend's house in the evening for an adult Halloween gathering. Before that, another friend is having a doggy Halloween gathering, so I'll probably bring my dog to that.

This post reminds me that I need to get some candy for the trick or treaters! We don't usually get many but it's better to be prepared!

Hey, Lauren, no tests this year? Hope that things are going well with you.

Me, I'm not going to look in the mirror today - too scary even without a costume.
tongue.png

Hey, Lauren, no tests this year?  Hope that things are going well with you.

Me, I'm not going to look in the mirror today - too scary even without a costume.  :p

I do :-( I'm studying for a neuro test right now, but I feel ok with the material. Figured I could take the night off!

Chicken canoe, that sounds like so much fun! That is my dream wedding. I always thought it would be fun to have a masquerade wedding where the party favors were pretty masks!

My Halloween plans are to be right here. I'll try not to scare too many new members.

You all have fun with the party and wedding plans!

I get to take our little doll baby to her first Halloween celebration. Actually it's her second, but she was too little to last long at the first one. Every year the town here holds a Halloween Bash for all the kids in our Log Gym. This is the gym.

Yep, it's ginormous! Construction was finished in 1937, and it was done with volunteer labor for the most part. Some of the logs were hauled by wagon down from the Pryor Mountains, and others came from Yellowstone. It was used for absolutely everything in it's hey-day but fell into such disrepair that bats had taken up residence, the floor was bowed, and the bottoms of some of the support beams were rotted. The town was faced with two choices - either bulldoze it down or restore it. I'm proud that I was on the town council when we decided to seek a grant to restore it. Two years after the grant came through, this was the result. So proud!! And it's once again used for all kinds of town activities, weddings, etc. Tonight it will be the scene of a huge Halloween party.

Kendra is a "good witch". She looks so doggone cute and last night at the Trick or Treating at the New Horizon's Care Center she even left her hat on all night!

This was her first year when she was just over a year old. She was NOT impressed.

Blooie, your town's Log Gym is fantastic! I'm so glad you all were able to restore it, it's a treasure for sure. It reminds me of Old Faithful Lodge up at Yellowstone...always wanted to stay at that place.

Love the pictures Blooie! That party sounds like a ton of fun and she sure is a cutie! That ladybug picture is definitely worth 1000 words. I'm sure she'll have a blast tonight!

The log gym is awesome. I'm so happy they decided to restore it instead of tear it down!

Back
Top Bottom