1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What are YOU getting everyone in your family for a Christmas gift?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by TheGoldenRoo, Nov 27, 2009.

1. TheGoldenRoo

TheGoldenRoo A Crazy and Fun Chicken

Oct 15, 2009
    ND
    Well what are you? [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  2. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm Premium Member

The smokers I got cigarette shaped lighters.
    [​IMG]
    The young boys I got rubber band guns.
    [​IMG]
    Most everyone else I got solar powered trinkets.
    [​IMG]

All out of japan.

Still spent a fortune! I need a smaller family.

3. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    I haven't bought a thing yet! The list is short this year though. The niece and nephews will get $. The out of town relatives get homemade goodies, my Aunt gets homemade egg ornaments , my DH reads my posts sometimes so I can't say:D and our son doesn't really know what he wants. Maybe a few movies, a couple of Green Day things and a pair of slippers.

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Got my brother and SIL a grilling cookbook with spices. Daughter gets slippers, a top and money. The rest we have yet to figure out.

5. Stumpy

Stumpy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    For younger nieces and nephews: Shaun the Sheep videos
    DH: Touch of Frost DVDs, seasons 1-12

That's all I can think of right now.

6. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Well... here's the list so far....

Our Household

DH - Dice (S&P shakers but they're cool for the D&D nut), Newest Jordan Book, Brown Coat, Posters, Goblets, 10 Commandments in Hebrew Wall Hanging (estate sale)

Me (have to open something or kids feel bad) - Trivet, Puzzles, Shoesx2 & Socks (from my brother but the kids don't know that), Pasta Plates (these are SO cool, google it!), Pineapple Sign, Snoopy Shorts, Bells I found at an estate sale

Son 11 - Ninja Star, Marshmallow Gun, Enter the Matrix Game, Gator Head (yes a real one darn thing is sharp), Blk Bag, Narnia Series of Books, Bookends (estate sale again-they're wood 90' angle one has a flail and one's got a scimitar!!), Chaxuranga Game, Star Wars Shirt, DVDs~Ghostbusters, National Treasure 2, Spaceballs, Posters (Indiana Jones, 50's Car), ????

Dotter 7 - Velveteen Rabbit Book, Keyboard (SO cool, the keys light up to help you learn the preset songs!), Bead Set, Daughter Sign, Marshmallow Gun, Blue outfit, Tink Shirt, Swimsuit, Paint Kit, Planter, DVDs~Bolt, Cinder, Heffa, BroBear, Fox&Hound, EllaEnch, Aladdin

Stockings: Candy in all plus
    DH- Sci Fi Card Game
    Me- Tiny Metal Nutcracker, Foodie Card Game, Cook Magnet
    Son- Cuffs (no I don't know why he wanted them but they were $1), VW Bug Hotwheel, Ball Game (insane I gotta find a pic), Puzzles
    Dot- Necklace, Notecards, Stamps, Hairties, Playing Cards Pink,

------------------

DH's Family

MIL & FIL - John Wayne Lunchbox w/DVDs, Digital Photo Key Chain, Bell Ornament, Bulb Set-Ceramic light bulbs hand painted with last name letters

SIL & her hubby - 4 Ornaments - shaped like santa boots, ceramic w/name on top and hand painted Orange w/longhorn (Univ TX fan), Green w/star (Dallas Stars), Blue w/star (Dallas Cowboys), and Red w/fire breathing horse (Dallas Burn Soccer)... yeah it's a sporty household
    Nephew 11 - Big electronic 20 Questions (he has and loves the handheld one), Marshmallow Gun
    Nephew 6.5 - Dino Dig, Marshmallow Gun

BIL - Popcorn Box shaped popcorn bowl... donno what I'ma fill it with

-----------------

My Mom's Side

Stepdad - Small bottle of Obsession
    Mom - Cross-ceramic hand painted by dotter, Box of Tea... donno what else

My Sis A - Gold Makeup Bag, Chantilly Perfume I don't know where that came from, ???
    Niece 6.5 - Barbie, and I donno what else
    Nephew 4 - ??? Ask what DVDs he has (of the ones I've got on hand)

My Brother P - ???

----------------

My Dad's Side

Dad - ???
    Stepmom - Turtles, ceramic hand painted one by me one by dotter
    Bro A - ???
    Sis M - Sunflower, ceramic hand painted

---------------

Kids' Teachers~ Son has three, dotter has 1 one

Ornaments - ceramic hand painted red (school school color) Xmas bulb with School name and Year, Bookmarks (magnetic ones LOVE THESE)

That's it thus far... Dotter wants a robe... but she's pretty much done.
    Son... I have no flippin' clue... and his answer to whatta ya want is "uhhhh"... very helpful [​IMG]

Hubby... books if I can think of something ... isometric dot paper.... heck I donno.

Yes, there are quite a few hand painted ceramics... that is because there is a shop next door to my son's karate class. Dotter and I go there and paint rather than smell sweaty bluh for an hour 2-3 times per week.

7. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    This year I'm giving gifts to the Salvation Army's Angel Tree program in honor of our Grandparents. We've got a 2 month old boy (Christian) and a 1 year old girl(Adriana) to buy gifts from for my 2 sets of grandparents. [​IMG]

8. ProductionRed09

ProductionRed09 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 6, 2009
    Kodak
    Since it is now just my son and myself, I bought my son what he wanted which was a Nintendo DSI

Made some homemade toys for the dogs and the cats, the chickens will get food scraps and a Flock Block for each of the runs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by