1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What are you getting your pets for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by gritsar, Nov 21, 2009.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    My kitties will probably get another cardboard scratching pad. They both love the one we have now, but KiKi doesn't like to share. I know KiKi would love some little balls to bat around, but Jax manages to find every toy we buy the cats and that's the end of the toys.

We're thinking of getting Jax a soccer or basketball. He hates the black kong for super chewers - won't chew on it at all - and he destroys the red kongs in a very short time. That leaves him with nothing but the hardest bone nylabone makes as a chew toy and some very old real bones.

What are you getting your pets?

2. Luke0987654321

Luke0987654321 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2009
    Spain
    um well....
    for the chickies i will buy them a lovely boyfriend, Mr. Fat died last month...
    the man was going to kill the rooster if no one wanted him, he is a lovely pure bred silver phoenix!!!!
    for my dog, probably a chew stick for the cats the same as you and for the fish i will get them some new plants

luke.

3. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    Well, if I have the money. The two younger ones will get chew/play toys and Anook, the older one, will get a big soft bed. Anook is our aussie/st.bernard and she is such a snuggle bug, she jumps at the opportunity of the open laundry room door, in which she goes in and plops down and passes out on piles of dirty laundry. If there is a comforter on the floor, she's there. If nobody's home, she' on the couch(sure to get off as you are unlocking the door). We haven't caught her "on" the couch in a long time, but we come in the door and she stands looking guilty in front of the couch, everytime you can put your hand on the couch and find a warm spot. LOL So, I think Anook has had a bed one her Christmas list for a long time. LOL

The cats? Well, I guess I can allow them to live here for another year. *snicker*

Blackjack my horse, is getting gelded for Christmas............................................... even though he wasn't on the naughty list.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
  4. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    My pet chicken will be getting some carrots, celery, and either Noodles or Rice. And a little bit of Sauna Time. [​IMG]

5. wordgirl

wordgirl One of the Shire-folk

Apr 14, 2009
    Tipper, my dog, will probably get a 1-1/2 foot rawhide bone from the farm store. Oh, and some new Tuff tennis balls from Walmart. The cats...the scraps from making Christmas dinner. The chooks...the leftovers of the scraps from making Christmas dinner. [​IMG]

6. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:That's us! IF we can afford it. I still have the new pup to get ready for - another training crate, puppy toys, more food, ugh!
    The chickens are easy to buy for. Give them a big bowl of oatmeal and they are happy.

7. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:I can't give Jax rawhide. I wish I could, he loves it, but he has the classic german shepherd sensitive tummy. [​IMG]

8. MonkeyZero

MonkeyZero Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Modesto Ca
    Well...
    My dogs will get a sweater, and a bunch of doggy treats
    My bird will get 7 new toys
    My fish will get another friend
    My turtles will get a better heater and lamp
    and the silkies will get a layer salad, with lots of scratch mixed in

[​IMG]

9. wordgirl

wordgirl One of the Shire-folk

Apr 14, 2009
    I'm a little hesitant, too, when it comes to rawhide, but our dog's a *relatively* slow chewer, so I decided to try it, as she doesn't like most other chews. She's a lab cross, so I would think she'd love chewing, but when she was a puppy she was taught (by her previous owners) to not touch anything that wasn't hers, which can be really nice when you have kids' toys and crayons on the ground, but it limits the toys she will play with.

10. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Not Jax, he inhales things. I made the mistake awhile back of giving him a rawhide stick, about a foot long. It was gone in less than 20 minutes. Then I had to give him pepto bismal for a week cuz it caused horrible diarrhea. Thankfully he loves the taste of pepto and will lick it from a bowl.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by