What are you knitting right now?

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by JennsPeeps, Oct 17, 2008.

1. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    My hobbies are very seasonal:

April-August is gardening
    August-September is canning
    October-March is knitting

My canning & gardening are about done for the year ... [​IMG] ... so I've pulled out the knitting needles again. I commute by bus for 2 hours daily and can get at least an hour in daily.

1) I'm working on a pair of mittens for my mom to match the scarf I made her last year. I'll post pics soon. The cuff is multi-colored Italian wool with a gold thread in it. The mitt will be fuzzy chenille in lavendar.
    2) I also need to wind the yarn I bought on ebay (hand painted worsted merino wool from Uraguay, seller is "100purewool"... gorgeous stuff!) into a ball. It's in a knotted skein right now. That yarn will eventually become a hat for my brother.

Which project I work on tonight on the bus depends on whether I see any of my chatty friends. Hard to read a new pattern, talk, and knit. Easy to wind a ball & talk.

What are you knitting now?

2. Silly Chickens

Silly Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm spinning super wash wool right now for a pair of socks. I will start those after I spin this up.

I just finished gloves for my sister and socks for my son.

I also like canning, I want to make pumpkin butter....so hoping to get that going soon.

I did post links for pics here:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=65380&p=38

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  3. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Thanks for linking the BYC kititng club.... couldn't remember where I'd seen it! [​IMG]

4. Franecca

Franecca Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2008
    Irvine, KY
    Okay knitting gurus... The community ed center in my town is offering a knitting class for $20, this includes a set of needles, two skeins of yarn (my choice of colors) and the expertise of an instructor. Is this a good deal?

5. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Quote:Not bad - depends on the type of yarn and needles, but I'd say those two will be around a $10 value, so the other $10 will be for instruction - how long is the class?

6. Franecca

Franecca Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2008
    Irvine, KY
    The class is four weeks long.

7. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    I'm working on my own design of a knitted in the round reusuable gift bag. I'll post photos once I'm done. Only a few more rows and have to go buy some pretty ribbon for it then I'm done.

8. Queen Scoot

Queen Scoot Crochet Chieftess

May 27, 2008
    HOOKERVILLE!!!
    slippers and dishcloths! you are more than welcome to join the knitting club JennsPeeps and anyone else! we'd love to have you!!

9. ChandlersChickens

ChandlersChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    Delphos, OH
    I don't knit, but my mom does. She is looking for a pattern for neck warmers. Does anyone know where I can find a free pattern for these?
    Apparently, these aren't really scarves (I asked that).

10. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Quote:You just have to make it round enough to fit over the head and then keep on knitting till its long enough.
    I made one on a round knitting loom, with eyelash type yarn, turned out really cute but not WARM! [​IMG]
    A google search will bring up a ton - I have some sites bookmarked, but on my other computer.

I've seen some neck warmers that are just knitted flat and joined up with a button or two - those look really nice and a little more fancy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by