What are you simmering away in the crockpot now?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by hunterjumper999, Oct 21, 2010.

1. hunterjumper999

hunterjumper999 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2008
    Box Springs
    I am cooking Collards and Chipped ham from a recipe that I modified off Food.com.

it's about 10 cups collards, 5 cups water, 1/4 cup ACV, chipped ham ( you know the brown dried out bits off the ham) , salt, peper and some cajun spice.

Cooking on high 2 hrs and low for the rest of the day.

2. joedie

joedie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    SW Indiana
    I absolutely love collards! I grew up in New England and never heard of them until I moved to NC when I was an adult. Maybe that's what I'll cook tomorrow but right now in the crockpot is Chicken Tortilla Soup. [​IMG]

3. hunterjumper999

hunterjumper999 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2008
    Box Springs
    my house STINKS but dinner is going to be mighty tasty!

4. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

I have a crock pot full of chili cooking right now. It is for a Pheasant Release/Cookout we are going to on Saturday. I think that Chili is one of those dishes that needs to "age" for a few days to taste it's best.

5. ChikeeMomma

ChikeeMomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Mid Michigan
    I've got a pork roast that's been rubbed with a mixture of green chilis, chili powder, oregano, taco seasoning, and minced garlic. I'm making some tortilla shells to go along with it. You are supposed to shred it when it's done. It smells delicious. Never made it before -- it's courtesy of Miss Jayne via Facebook.

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Quote:Oh yeaaaaaaaaah! She posted it and it looked so delicious!

7. 2DogsFarm

2DogsFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Not tonight, but yesterday:
    Pork neckbones with onions & vinegar - about 2 cups water to 1/4 cup cider vinegar. And that is all except for a sprinkle of dried thyme.
    When I got home I tossed in some egg noodles & let them cook while I fed chickens, horses & barncat.

Meat was so tender it just fell off the bones.
    Leftovers will get made into spaghetti gravy - probably also done in the crockpot.

I love cold weather only because I can crock-cook.

8. wildorchid053

wildorchid053 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    syracuse area, ny
    vegetable beef soup and cornbread for tonight

[​IMG]

9. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Roast Pork w/ Onions, Worcestershire, and various herbs/spices. [​IMG]

10. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

Not a darn thing unfortunately! Now that the weather's a tad bit cooler here and after reading all this I'm ready to dig it out and fire it up. And then wildorchid053 just HAS to post a delicious pic! [​IMG] Think I'll pop in a roast and some veggies tomorrow. Off to the store!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by