what are you thankful for?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Chui Cat, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Chui Cat

Chui Cat Out Of The Brooder

May 23, 2009
    Pittsboro
    I'm thankful for my family and our good health. I'm also thankful for all the help we've gotten with our new chicken endeavors these past 7 months from the good folks on this board. I hope everyone has a happy healthy holiday!

2. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    I have so many things to be thankful for I don't even know where to start.

My health, like you is one of them, but I think most of all my family. I am blessed to have a DH that works so hard so that I can stay home and raise / homeschool my 5 children. My life wouldn't be anything without my family. My friends are quite wonderful too. [​IMG]

3. BigSkyChickens

BigSkyChickens Free Bird

Apr 3, 2009
    Pleasant Hill, CA
    Wow, it is hard to know where to start......good health, loving family, a job, and CHICKENS!
    "Gratitude makes everything you have seem like more...." [​IMG]

4. Waldo

Waldo Out Of The Brooder

Jul 9, 2009
    central west Georgia
    I am so very thankful for my family, friends, and loved ones, and the many blessings of which we could never be worthy. I've a roof up above me and shoes on my feet. I've food on my table, and a good place to sleep.

5. rhoda_bruce

rhoda_bruce Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    Cut Off, LA
    There is no way for me to list all the blessings I am thankful for. They are too numerous. God is good all the time.

6. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I have chickens![​IMG]

To be more specific, I am thankful my landlady allowed me to build a coop in my back yard (along with the two backyard ponds and raised garden beds I also built all by myself) and super thankful she said she wouldn't mind if one of my chickens turns out to be a rooster. (But I'm still keeping my fingers crossed she "stays" a hen.)[​IMG]

I'm thankful I found BYC, because I could never have built the coop nor learned as much as I have about keeping chickens. And I am thankful the neighbors "behind me" closest to the coop think it's a hoot.

I am thankful I live in a city that ALLOWS chickens.

I am thankful there are plenty of feed stores within 20 miles and that I found one I *really* like, with very helpful employees AND lower prices than I'd seen in the feed store closest to where I live.

I am thankful folks on BYC reassured me about 2 of my chicks who "failed to thrive" so I wouldn't feel so responsible for their tiny deaths. I am thankful I learned my elderly dachshund is a Chicken Killer before he got more than the two oldest, nearly fully feathered chicks during their early outside visits to the new coop. Those horrible events helped me batten down the run's security and taught me to ALWAYS keep an eye on his behavior when I'm doing yard work.

I am thankful my co-workers already had a clue I am just slightly off the norm. Well, maybe more than slightly.[​IMG]

I am thankful I survived breast cancer six years ago.
    I am thankful I have a really good job I love. I am thankful for my wonderful supervisor. I am really thankful I have enough seniority to avoid layoff.

And lots more, but I think I'd start to get maudlin about it if I continued.[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  7. Overeasyplz

Overeasyplz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    Quote:amen!

8. Overeasyplz

Overeasyplz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    I'm thankful for my mom. She deserves kudos even though for many years I resented her. I thought she was being backwards but in reality she was teaching me self-reliance and inner strength. Thanks mom!

9. breezy

breezy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2009
    Sand Coulee MT
    Im thankful that my husband who has been seriously ill for the last 6 weeks seems to finally be on the road to recovery. Im thankful that our family doctor understands my husband well enough to know he would do really badly in hospital and helped set me up with oxygen and meds so I could keep him home and take care of him.I'm thankful that my prayers for his well being are being answered

10. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    Quote:I am thankful for the health of my family. Thankful to be able to reach out to you and wish you well. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by