What are you thankful for?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 1muttsfan, Nov 24, 2013.

1. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    The holidays approach apace, and as is the norm nowadays shopping seems to be the big distraction. But it is the season of thanks, a chance for us to give with pleasure and enjoy those that are most important in our lives. So what are you thankful for?

I am, each year, even more thankful for the precious friends and family that give my life such joy. The loss of some, and the birth of others, are celebrated with love and joy for what they gave us. This year we said goodbye to my Aunt Jet, a role model for me for her confidence, intelligence and strong sense of duty, and my boyfriend's father Captain Jim, a sweet and talented musician. And we will soon welcome a new nephew, a new member of the next generation.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I am thankful for today. May I use it well - may my family and I remain safe.

3. Bullitt

Bullitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012
    Texas
    I am thankful to still be breathing. :)

Seriously, I am thankful I and my family are all healthy.

4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Wow--Too Numerous To List?

Seriously, it's been a year of blessings. From my wonderful husband and boys, my mother who put her life on hold to live at the hospital with me, family who were ready to be bone marrow donors, friends who gladly brought my kids into their homes so honey could be at the hospital with me, and then drove said kids 250 miles (one way) to visit me in the hospital, smart, confident doctors, the best nursing staff I've ever run across (shout out to 14K at OHSU), more friends willing to fix meals for my family, all the prayers of my church family, the prayers of folks on this board, everyone who has donated blood or blood products.

And that's just the leukemia related thankfulness!

I'm thankful to the Lord God who has provided all these blessings to me this year. My Lord and Savior, I don't know how I could have survived this without Him.

5. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I am thankful for a place to go home to during the holidays, for a wonderful, caring, supportive family, wonderful friends, and the direction my life is headed right now.

6. sandspoultry

sandspoultry Everybody loves a Turkey

Feb 10, 2008
    Eastern NC
    I am thankful for my best friend, my wife Sharon

7. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Seems like no matter what we own, and what we can buy, it is the things you can't buy that we are most thankful for

8. bbishop

bbishop Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2013
    Green forest Arkansas
    I am thankful to just have what I have because people don't get to have what I have

9. Bullitt

Bullitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012
    Texas
    Care to share about what you have that others don't get to have? :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by