what are you?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by KDOGG331, Aug 10, 2010.

1. KDOGG331

KDOGG331 Chicken Obsessed

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    sorry that sounds sort of weird and this may be in the wrong thread but i wasnt sure how to word it or where to put it, i meant like in terms of ancestry/heritage and stuff. I am curious what you are, like i think im like almost half and half, im mostly english then irish but im also like an 1/8th german, an 1/8th dutch and a 1/16th portugese so i am just curious what you guys are? thanks. [​IMG]

2. NancyP

NancyP Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Bonifay,Florida
    I am a mutt. A large portion native American.

3. KDOGG331

KDOGG331 Chicken Obsessed

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    hey im a mutt too, im like 5 different things as i mentioned above, but i dont care, mutts are cool, i think were all pretty much mutts... [​IMG] and thats cool you're part native American, i think thats sorta cool [​IMG]

4. AngieChick

AngieChick Poultry Elitist

I'm a classic American Mutt. 1/2 French and the rest, well, who knows. There is a bit of everything in there, from German, to Crow, to more French, to ...............

I do love being a walking talking melting pot.

5. @~rosecityfarmgirl~@

@[email protected] Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2010
    Windsor
    Half northern Italian, quarter Hungarian, quarter Czechoslovakian [​IMG]

6. Whitewater

Whitewater Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2010
    I'm adopted so I don't know what I am biologically (save that I look *very* celtic) but my adoptive heritage is 50% Irish, and the rest about an equal split between French and Polish/Chechoslovakian (dang, I don't even know how to spell it anymore now that they're two separate countries!), with the possibility that the Eastern European blood is actually Jewish. That's all on Mom's side of the family and she's been doing some geneological research that's pretty interesting and suggestive, but unfortunately non-conclusive. There's also a story about a French highwayman and a shipboard romance as they were coming to the US . . .

And I married into an Irish/German family [​IMG]

Whitewater

7. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Parents are hungarian and had me here in America.

8. TyrannosaurusChix

TyrannosaurusChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    Savannah, NY
    I am german, and dutch( my maiden name is Jarrett, my grandmothers maiden name Vanderbroek)... with my real mother throwing in cherokee and whatever else... i forget..

So i am 5' 10" tall, size 10 feet( with veins on top.. how stylish) German box knees, lets not even talk about my nose.. very strong( and when i was skinnier, my muscularity was evident) with a big dutch BUTT!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  9. JetBlack

JetBlack Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2010
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    I'm American. Family, on both sides, born here, raised here, for 4 generations.

The Great-Great-grand parents came over from France, Germany and down from Canada.

10. australorpchick

australorpchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2009
    Canyon Lake, TX
    I'm a mutt, but mostly Irish, Hawaiian & Chinese.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by