What are your favorite "inspirational" songs?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Avalon1984, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Avalon1984

Avalon1984 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    What are y’alls favorite inspirational songs? They don’t have to be a “religious” song, just anything that inspires you? And why? By Whom?

I love the song “Daddy Won’t sell the Farm” from Montgomery Gentry. We live in the last 2 square miles of farmland in our community and are surrounded by developments and new roads. People drive by our place all the time because it is the last old big red dairy barn in the area and they want to experience some “country” up close. I am afraid it will not be too long before a developer starts to tear up the land around us to build more houses and have people “live in the country”. [​IMG]

I also like “What do you think about that” from Montgomery Gentry. We have a city slicker as a neighbor who hates our horse manure pile so much, he actually moved his house back 1/4mile. He is weird but I think about him when I hear his song. I will now start a new manure pile next to his house and see what he does next. Maybe he’ll just move and let us buy his land. Hahahahahahaha [​IMG]. He really isn’t that close though, he is just exaggerating.

And I love “Amarillo Sky” from Jason Aldean. I always hum that when I do my chores early in the morning.

How about you?

2. Orchid

Orchid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    North Central MN
    __________ Perfect by Pink. [​IMG]

All You Need is Love by the Beatles.

If Today was Your Last Day by Nickelback.

Dust in the Wind by Kansas.

3. WoodChic

WoodChic The Chic Chick

Oct 27, 2009
    KKV HQ
  4. Avalon1984

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    Uhhh yeah, I LOVE "Stand" by Rascal Flatts. I listened to it the entire month I was waiting for my mare to give birth and I slept only 3-4hrs a night. I had a hard time standing after that. Sooo worth it though! [​IMG]

5. Bantamlover23

Bantamlover23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2008
    Chuluota, FL
    I love the song When God Ran by Philips Craig and Dean. It is such an inspiration to my life at point I was at when I first heard the song.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  6. Avalon1984

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    Quote:Do you have a youtube link for this song? I'dl like to listen to it. Please [​IMG]

7. DuckyGurl

DuckyGurl Overrun With Chickens

ANY Jesus Culture song.
    I am Free-NewsBoys.
    Francesca Battistelli's songs!

8. Fowl_Odor002

Fowl_Odor002 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    Mostly Here
    I Refuse to Lose - Brother Lynch Hung
    Take it in Blood - NAS
    Crack a Bottle - Eminem

9. Avalon1984

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    Quote:That is a beautiful picture in your Avatar!

10. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    Amazing Grace

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by