What are your hobbies?

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by chickensrock12, Dec 1, 2016.

1. chickensrock12

chickensrock12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2015
    Utah
    So, one of my hobbies are watching Netflix with my three cats and two dogs. What are your hobbies?

2. Harvest Mint

Harvest Mint Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2016
    Philadelphia, Tennessee
    I enjoy messing with my animals and creating things for them to enjoy or destroy. Sometimes its both, bird and rodents love to destroy things.

3. chickensrock12

Sep 22, 2015
    Utah
    I know so funny. My rats will goe through the toys I make them with in an hour.

4. Harvest Mint

Nov 16, 2016
    Philadelphia, Tennessee
    So far the biggest hit is just to fire up the shredder and take care of all that pesky junk mail. I just dump the whole pile in there and they go nuts diving into it and chasing each other through. I am also thinking about making some sun catchers for my chickens out of old super scratched CD's. Gonna bust them up and make like wind chime tap things.

5. chickensrock12

Sep 22, 2015
    Utah
    That's cool. Thank you for your feedback.

6. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Im about to foster some rats and would love to hear your toy ideas!

My hobbies include hiking, crocheting, coloring, watching movies, reading, and sometimes doing artwork.

7. Harvest Mint

Nov 16, 2016
    Philadelphia, Tennessee

Some simple bland cheerios on a kabob. Dollar store baskets zip tied to the bars. Bird ladders are fun. Toilet paper roll stuffed with shredded paper and treats in the middle. All my rats have loved mashed potatoes with no salt or butter.

8. chickensrock12

Sep 22, 2015
    Utah
    So, some good rat toys are get some toilet paper rolls and twist them together. But first put their food or treats in it. Then put it in there cage. They will chow through it pretty fast and it's good for their teeth and they love it. Also, give your rats a name that has the E sound in it. They will respond to them better, for so reason. Have a good time with them. They are cute and funny.

9. itsasmallfarm

itsasmallfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2016
    my hobbies range from hiking to fishing, hunting and just getting into trapping this year (only pest animals, weasel, mink etc..)

10. chippy99th

chippy99th Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2016
    Arizona
    Besides chickens, my hobbies include reading, birdwatching, and playing with my other pets (a toy poodle and a lovebird).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by