1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What are YOUR other hobbies?

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by DominaPullorum, Jan 25, 2010.

1. DominaPullorum

DominaPullorum Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2009
    Central Florida
    My main "thing" is my farm, which includes the rabbits, chickens, horses, and pig. But i'm also an avid gamer (which is quite evident in the names of my Cochins and Phoenix chickens, and actually my username), artist, and when I can be, angler.

2. smallbluejellybean

smallbluejellybean Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2009
    Kings Park NSW Australia
    My other hobbies besides my animals are braiding my husbands back hairs, finding lost socks in the laundry and figuring out what the lumps of molding stuff in the kids school bags once was.

3. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    I read, knit, do embroidery, or make wreaths with dried plant materials and silk flowers.

4. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    My bible first, then my farm. My other hobby is honing my ability to be the biggest penny pincher in the family. I can clip 30 coupons per minute [​IMG] JK..but I do actually like to find good deals, and being the mom...that's my business to get more bang for the buck, so I try to be the best at it [​IMG] Beyond that BYC is my biggest time consumer. I get interested in things and absorb myself till I feel like I can go toe to toe with anybody on the subject in conversation. I just like knowing stuff....I'm a geek like that [​IMG] currently I'm focusing on becoming a bigger chicken geek [​IMG]

5. AmyBella

AmyBella Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    Western MA
    I am a figure skater. (NOT elite level ar anything too glamorous! [​IMG]) Lessons and practice take up most of my free time. I love hanging out with DH and the chickens... hiking... eating good food that I did not have to cook (does that count as a hobby?), and I always have my nose in a book.

6. PlumTuckered

PlumTuckered Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2007
    Arkansas
    Besides my Chickens and Ducks, I enjoy woodworking, decorative painting, photography, paper and digital scrapbooking, cardmaking. I also do Digital Painted Portraits of People and Animals. This year I finally learned canning and had a blast, can't wait to pick the peaches and plums from my trees this year :) I love coming to BYC and reading about everyone's adventures with their beloved critters :)

Michelle

7. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    My family first. Then reading,my dogs, herbal medicine,all kinds of music,camping,gardening etc.

8. CedarRidgeChicks

CedarRidgeChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    Adair Co.Ky
    Quilting and cooking!!

9. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm Premium Member

Website, farm, harmonica.... Bunch of stuff.

10. chocolate m'scovy

chocolate m'scovy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2010
    Reading, cooking- got to do something with those mean roos (my poor Predator!), teaching math(this is a one-sided enthusiasm), and holding quacking ducks(same annex as math)

I would have put down "Bible reading," but that's not really a hobby-it's a way of life!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by