1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What are your plans for the holiday season?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Fierlin1182, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    I can't wait till it kicks off! What are you guys all up to? Pool parties, barbecues, holidays to dinky little towns in the country that nobody's ever heard of... the pool parties are especially fun because they're with my parents' colleagues and friends, so I can have intelligent conversations that don't involve boys. [​IMG]
    And then there are the lazy days of doing nothing and just enjoying the clear skies. During the winter it's too cold to sit outside and enjoy the breeze. [​IMG]

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way
    Christmas in Australia on a scorching summer's day [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  2. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    We are planning to rototill the garden during the days around the holiday. Other than that we don't do anything for the holidays. We don't have any attachment to the holidays. But at some point the DH's family will come to dinner. I love to cook for them.

3. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    I wish we had your weather! Snow should finally hit us around the holidays. I think we will jsut stay home.Hoping to get my mum to stay here as well since she broke her heel bone,and is casted for 6 weeks needing to avoid any pressure. Have her stay with us instead of home alone.Maybe even extend the kids holiday off time by a few more days.Could go to the indoor water park,but it will be so crowded this time of year. We shall see.......

4. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    Christmas day my nephew (who is autistic) is hosting christmas dinner for the whole family at his new condo that he worked and saved for, and got his own mortage on. We're all very proud of him. (though his parents help alot, he's come along way to being self sufficent).

Though I really would love to have a pool party!

5. bakerjw

bakerjw Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Johnson City, Tn
    We're pulling down old insulation in a room, shoring up the rafters, reinsulating, and hopefully sheeting with OSB prior to putting up drywall. Christmas is kind a blech one this year.

6. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    Hmmm, now there's a good idea...everyone's home for the holidays. Dig holes, finish the fence, clean the gutters and rainbarrels. New compost bin. Wow. Great IDEA! [​IMG]

We've got company for the first time in a while, which will be fun. I can cook up all sorts of things.

December 21 some of us are having an Apocalypse of the month party. Junk food, beverages, and tacky end of the world movies to mock.

7. Avalon1984

Avalon1984 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    Just restÂ…it was a very challenging year and all we want to do for once is to do nothing. My Christmas stud colt should be here Thur or Friday so I will celebrate a little early Christmas but thatÂ’ll be it. Not helping that hubby and I are down with stomach flu and way backed up on projects before the winter.

8. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    this christmas is my first time off work for christmas day. I am very excited to see my little kids faces in the morning opening xmas gifts. My kids usually have to wait for Santa to come around after me (mommy) gets out of work. So its going to be extra special!![​IMG]

9. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    Quote:[​IMG] That's a good idea, I might put that one out to some of my friends next year.

Sounds like you guys are all going to have a great time! Baker, good luck with your renovating. Just think how good it's going to look after you've done [​IMG]
    SillyChicken, how lovely to hear about your nephew. You should be proud of him, that's great! [​IMG]

Me... oh yeah, I forgot to mention. I'm looking for another job on top of the one I have now. Without school, I might be able to make a tad more money with the free time. [​IMG]

10. Christie Loves Silkies

Christie Loves Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

I'll be having xmas day lunch with the family for the first time in 2 year [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by