What brand or kind of sleep pillow do you like the best?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Ms.FuzzyButts, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Ms.FuzzyButts

Ms.FuzzyButts Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    North Alabama
    I am a side sleeper and my husband is a back sleeper.. We have tried those specific kinds and they aren't worth the money. It seems that every pillow we have tried just gets lumpy and uncomfortable really quick. I have bought cheap ones and mid priced ones, but just can't bring myself to spend any more since the others don't last a month hardly. So, what have you found that's comfy and lasts a decent amount of time before it turns into what feels like coal lumps.. HELP!!!

2. NancyP

NancyP Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Bonifay,Florida
    Our favorite is feather pillows. They conform nicely to what ever shape you want them and last a long time.
    Nancy

3. ChickenToes

ChickenToes Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    NE Wisconsin
    I usually just buy a mid-priced cotton stuffed pillow. My husband, on the other hand...when we were first married he had a feather pillow that was at least 10 years old. He would fluff it, fold it in half, and fall asleep within 30 seconds. I finally burned the darn thing while he was gone one day, and got him a new one. He still folds it in half before sleeping, but he swears by a good feather or down pillow.

4. kipepeo

kipepeo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    NC KS
    I spent last year try to find new pillow that I would like. I bought firm ones at target they were good for a short time but then worthless, and my previous pillows were from QVC and Northern Nights new ones I got I didn't like and then I got some other kinds and finally got these from QVC Northern Nights STD Set of 2 EvenDream Fold No More Pillows They are firm and my head feels supported I love these ones after looking for pillow for over a year.

5. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Quote:Ditto! The heavier and fluffier the better.

6. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    I've been buying my pillows from Ikea. They have foam, feathers and fiberfill. I like feathers, my DH likes hard foam. They have a variety of heights and weights, and design options. I think they are very reasonably priced.

7. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Why don't they have pillows for belly sleepers? I can't use the feather ones- they end up shifting and I wake up because I can't breathe. Usually end up with cheapie medium to almost flat fiber filled ones.The kids like the "hotel pillows"- and they are great for reading in bed.

Maybe someday I'll find "the one" [​IMG]

8. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Back in December I stayed at a Hampton Inn in Phoenix. The pillows were stupendous!!!!! I am so picky about my pillows and hated all of the ones I had (including a very pricey feather one from Land's End). I came home and did a google search and Hampton pillows popped right up. Turns out that Hampton Inn buys theirs from Pacific Pillow. I promptly ordered one and it is fabulous. I think I paid around $35 for it and it is worth every penny. My neck no longer hurts when I wake up and I'm not smothered in my sleep by too much fluffiness. I strongly recommend you check them out. It is a FABULOUS pillow!!

Edited to add that I am a side/belly sleeper. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  9. SallyF

SallyF Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    I recently bumped into 4 down/feather pillows at an Essex store (close-out type place) near here, and they sold 'em for $5 each. I love them. I put pillow protectors on them to keep them good for a long time, and they're great. The funny thing was that I found them at the end of an extensive shopping trip that day and had to figure out how to stuff them into the cab of an S-10 pickup truck with everything else I had bought that day. I could almost see out the windshield to drive home.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by