What brand?!

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by KaityRoseChicks, Apr 1, 2016.

1. KaityRoseChicks

KaityRoseChicks Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2016
    Louisiana
    I'm on the BYC Facebook page and there's been a lot of talk about certain brands (can't remember which) are killing people's flocks! My babies are on medicated chick feed (yellow small bag, can't remember name) and when it comes time to switch, I'm not sure what to use. I don't want to go through all this to only lose my chicks to food! Help?

2. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Let It Snow Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    You should probably check the Facebook page and let us know, I haven't heard anything.

3. cavemanrich

cavemanrich Overrun With Chickens

Apr 6, 2014
    Melrose Park Illinois
    I HAVE NOT HEARD OF FEED KILLING CHICKEN FLOCKS,,,, That does not rule it out as a possibility. I suggest you go back to your source and read the brand, and avoid buying that one.
    There are many things written that may not be totally true, or are ISOLATED CASES, that may have been brought about by certain circumstances. EXAMPLE;; someone buys a bag of feed, then for some reason it spoils,(moisture, rat droppings,chemical spills, old???) feeds to his chickens, and they get sick and expire. NO COMPANY manufacturing feed wants to sell bad product. They would go OUT OF BUSINESS quick.
    WISHING YOU BEST and [​IMG]

4. KaityRoseChicks

Mar 9, 2016
    Louisiana
    Sounds like it was Dumor.

5. KaityRoseChicks

Mar 9, 2016
    Louisiana
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by