What breed am I? EE's? Added 4th girl.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Jschaaff, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Jschaaff

Jschaaff Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2011
    New Hampshire
    Added fourth lady below:

I bought these 3 ladies a couple of years ago from a gentleman who said they were araucanas...and that one was a welsummer...all ended up laying very light blue eggs, so I know I do not have a welsummer which I explained to the man...so then the guy tried to tell me she must be an ameraucana.

After becoming a member on this site and reading about Easter Eggers (which I'd never heard of before), I am really wondering just what these girls are. All I know is that he bought 100's of eggs and hatched them..

I am realizing more and more, that if a chicken LOOKS like a breed, people tend to call it by that name, even if its a mutt of some sort instead. I love my girls, mutts or not, but would love to be able to accurately state what they are, when speaking about them.

Thanks for any help! I will try and get better pictures today if necessary (these pics are from this spring) The girls are very shy and skittish so its hard to get near them for good pics.

Lucy
    [​IMG]

Ari
    [​IMG]

Angie
    [​IMG]

Jessa

This is pearl, she was one of my newer additions this summer, and so sweet compared to the other girls. She was given to me as an araucana.... Would that be correct, or is she an EE too?

Thank you immensely for your time and knowledge!

Pearl:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  2. Funsizeracing

Funsizeracing Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2011
    I have two Easter Eggers that look just like that!

3. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    They are lovely Easter Eggers.

4. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Beautiful EE hens, enjoy.

5. Not an Araucana. Here is an Araucana:
    [​IMG]

6. Quote:You have some beautiful EE girls!

7. Jschaaff

Jschaaff Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2011
    New Hampshire
    Quote:Wow, yup mine is definitely not an Araucana! Thank you horsecrazychicklovingkid! Great website and a lot of awesome info.

So I have FOUR Easter Eggers...off to change my profile....again [​IMG]

Thanks everyone!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by