What breed am I? Updated photos

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by balticbabe, Apr 16, 2008.

1. balticbabe

balticbabe Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    King County, WA
    I picked up a few chicks at the feed store. Three of them are supposed to be Salmon Faverolles. Once I got them home I noticed that one of the chicks from the Faverolles bin doesn't have feathers on her feet and her wing is pure white. She is also a bit smaller and not quite as yellow and has tail feathers. Here are some photos. I just hope she's a nice girl.

[​IMG]
    The mystery chick has her back towards us. A Salmon Faverolle is facing us.

Now seven weeks later. She's a banty.
    [​IMG]

Any ideas are appreciated.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2008
  2. RioLindoAz

RioLindoAz Sleeping

Jul 8, 2007
    Yuma, Arizona
    She may still be a Salmon Faverolle. Examine her feet. Somtimes that happens and the chick ends up having feathers on its feet.

3. RioLindoAz

RioLindoAz Sleeping

Jul 8, 2007
    Yuma, Arizona
    WELCOME TO BYC!!!!!! [​IMG]

4. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    all I know is that I love my salmon faveorrels and you will too they are the sweetest girls and so completly ridiculouse looking.

Henry

5. balticbabe

Apr 3, 2008
    King County, WA
    Thanks, I love this site. I forgot to mention that the mystery chick has one less toe than the other two Faverolles.

6. balticbabe

Apr 3, 2008
    King County, WA
    Now that they are older I can tell she's a banty of some sort. She's just half the size of the favorelles. Not sure what type of bantam. Her feathers are off white.
    [​IMG]

One of the others is a roo. I can't have a rooster so should I eat him or find him a new home? Only one out of the three faverolle pullets turned out to be a favorelle pullet.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 7, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by