WHAT BREED AM I?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by isaiahandmommy, Mar 31, 2016.

1. isaiahandmommy

isaiahandmommy New Egg

Mar 30, 2016
    SouthWest Oklahoma
    WHAT BREED ARE MY BABIES!

I am completely new to raising chickens and I am unsure what breed mine are..
    [​IMG]
    I can get a better picture once I get back home but for now this is the only picture that I have of them on hand..

(Also, I was cleaning the cage it NEVER looks like that! Plus I just started building them a coop!)
    [​IMG]
    its still in progress...

Back to the main objective: Do you have an idea of breed?

2. chicklover 1998

chicklover 1998 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2015
    Oskaloosa,Ia
    where did you get them from?

3. isaiahandmommy

isaiahandmommy New Egg

Mar 30, 2016
    SouthWest Oklahoma
    My cousin got them from Atwood's pullet bin thinking they were going to stay chicks forever LOL. They didn't know anything more nor do I...

4. chicklover 1998

Sep 30, 2015
    Oskaloosa,Ia
    I don't know what breeds they stock but could you give a closer picture of each individual including a pic of their comb

5. isaiahandmommy

isaiahandmommy New Egg

Mar 30, 2016
    SouthWest Oklahoma
    Yes! It will be a while I don't get off work for another 4 plus hours but I will asap

6. chicklover 1998

Sep 30, 2015
    Oskaloosa,Ia
    ok that works, it is really hard to tell for some breeds if they look like others or it isn't a clear shot, yours are but I still don't quite know I know you have a golden speckled or golden laced something but can't see the comb, a blue something there are lots of blue birds so I don't know, and then the 3rd one with the barring on the wings looks like an adult pattern on a campine but they are rare and farm stores usually don't bother with rare breeds, the rarest thing they have is a silver laced wyandotte and the other has some white crested black polish nothing exciting and their ameraucanas aren't the real thing but oh well I just get them for laying but am trying to eventually get some show quality birds.

1 person likes this.
  7. ChickenLover200

ChickenLover200 Overrun With Chickens

May 10, 2013
    I'll be in the barn!
    The one in the back I think I might know the breed, but I would need to see a pic really close up of the comb.

1 person likes this.
  8. chicklover 1998

Sep 30, 2015
    Oskaloosa,Ia
    well what do you think it is?

9. ChickenLover200

ChickenLover200 Overrun With Chickens

May 10, 2013
    I'll be in the barn!
    I would need to see the comb to be sure, but looks like a possible Campine, Buttercup, or something else...

10. chicklover 1998

Sep 30, 2015
    Oskaloosa,Ia
    see I was thinking campine too but they are rare enough that most hatcheries don't carry them, but since you think so too then it very well may be, I don't know about buttercup I don't think there is enough speckling in the breast but same body shape so it is a possibility too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by