What breed am I?

hillsflock

In the Brooder
10 Years
Aug 27, 2009
Abbeville, SC
Crossed? or a breed I'm just not familiar with?

Free ranging:
dee346e2.jpg

Napping:
lol.png

brutus2.jpg

Gorgeous! Thats what he is!!!! Oh my, I dont know what he is, but I hope its a breed because I want one now, but no room!!! Dang, lol. He is beautiful!

ETA: The hen napping next to him looks like Red Sex Link, and he kinda does too, only generally the roosters are all white with a dark patch on their back and/or wing.

Last edited:
He has white earlobes that make me think Leghorn or Minorca blood.If legs are yelow-Leghorn,white legs(pink)-Minorca.The red color is from RIR or RSL

delawaregirl: He is a beautiful rooster, but we are thinking of putting him up for sell since we already have too many roos. The "hen" napping next to him is actually a rooster. We thought it was a hen for a long time until it started crowing and trying to breed the hens lol. We took him to a chicken swap the other weekend, and a couple people asked about the "hen".
lol.png

ve: He does have white earlobes, and his legs are white/pinkish. We figured it was just a cross with a RIR, but had no clue what else was in him.

OK...So I have 16 chickens...all but 4 I raised from day olds. I adopted what I was told was a Barred Rock. At the time she was the biggest and her comb and wattles were already red. The former owner had no idea how old she was. Now that my Barred Rocks are near 17 weeks, they are at least twice her size and I expect a bit more growth. She has not laid an egg. They look axactly the same but the size....is there another breed that mimics the Barred Rock that she could be? Her name is Tiny. I am wondering if her early growth was stunted somehow by not being cared for properly????

Quote:
I would totally grab him... if I had the money and room. I'm with you on the too many roosters part. And it could still be a hen, dont rule it out, hens will crow and try to breed other hens too. I actually witnessed that with my own eyes, it was quite awkward. Lol. They are both lovely, and I would LOVE to have them. I really would, lol. Actually, I wonder if he is the offspring between two Red Sex Links. Could be a possiblility.

Back
Top Bottom