What breed am I?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by rcentner, Jun 30, 2010.

1. rcentner

rcentner Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Le Roy, NY
    Here is a cockeral, 14 wks old now. Any guess as to breed?
    was 9 wks old in this pic:
    [​IMG]

and these pics from this morning:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ve

ve Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Palmetto GA
    He can be Red Sussex and easy can be mix of Rhode Island Red and Buff Orpington(or Specled Sussex).Where you get him from?

3. rcentner

rcentner Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Le Roy, NY
    well, he was actually born here. I have 4 mixed breed chicks, 2 hens and 2 cockerals. I know who the daddy is, but they were all different mama's. The hens would lay in the same box that the broody was in. There were 21 eggs all together and 5 hatched. I had 1 chick die 1 day after hatching. So, I didn't want to sway anyone by giving the info I do know. Was hoping someone experienced would guess the daddy's breed and whatever else he may be.

So here is the rest:

Daddy was a bantam partridge rock (fox killed nearly everyone from that flock except the 2 hens that were sitting on the eggs), I was very unfortunate not to get a pure bantam partridge rock out of the hatch. oh, if I could turn back time. [​IMG]

The mama could be: RIR, Bantam partridge rock, phoenix, welsummer mix

I am pretty sure the mama of this cockeral was not a phoenix, the phoenix mix that was produced is very different than this one, having longer tails and being a bit smaller.
    I was thinking he might be the RIR's, but I think that because of the red color. I may not truely know until he is full grown...since the RIR was huge compared to the phoenix, welsummer mix and the partridge rock bantams, but being mixed with a bantam idk what size that would produce.

ok, any more ideas?

4. ve

ve Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Palmetto GA
    He has white legs.He can not get them from Partige Rock or RIR- they are yelow leged.He has white legs because of his mama.That only can be Phoenix or the Welsummer mix,if she is white leged

5. Namble

Namble Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2009
    North Florida
    Kinda looks like a RIR, but I don't think it is.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by