What breed am I!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by emarble, Nov 10, 2010.

1. emarble

emarble Chillin' With My Peeps

Not sure what he is but He is the Pride of the Coup and my best buddie!! Name is Boss Hogg and the ladies know it! I have had several feedback but just tryin to find out for sure and wonder what I will get with chicks from him next year I have 1 EE 1 Barred Rock 2 Faveroles 3 Austrolops 2 Polish 1 light sussock and 1 Rhode Island Red 1 Production red and 2 Buff Orphingtons

[​IMG]

Thanks
    Ernie

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  2. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    He looks like a Golden Cuckoo Marans, but his legs look yellow and not pink!!

Here's mine but he's still young!! (20 weeks)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  3. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow. my delaware roo crossed with a cuckoo maran, and had a boy who had that yellow barring. very pretty.

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Just beautiful! [​IMG]

5. emarble

I'll Look closer at the legs and see what the color really is! The photo wasnt real good so I tried to lighten it and bring out the colors and detail! I had heard Cuckoo Maran but not sure! Not sure of his weight but he stands about 24 inches tall at the head like he is standing here all tall and proud! I put a 14 inch door to my house and he has to duck to ge in it (May have to make a bigger opening He is only about a year and a half old at the most) He is a big boy

Ernie

6. Barred Babies

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    He is definetly gorgeous!! [​IMG]

7. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

I crossed a Barred Rock hen with my EE roosters, got one that looked like he could be his brother !

8. emarble

Quote:Wow that looks a lot like what he was as a youngster! boss is about a year and a half now
    maybe a little younger

9. Barred Babies

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
  10. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by