What Breed am I?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by CayuseRanch, Jun 5, 2011.

1. CayuseRanch

CayuseRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2011
    Newalla, Oklahoma
    This little black gal came out of the pullet bin at Atwoods. She has not matured as quickly as my sexlinks or leghorn, so I am kind of ruling out a hybrid bird. What do you think? Maybe a Astrolorp?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. acrossthebranch

acrossthebranch Out Of The Brooder

Nov 20, 2010
    South Ga
    Do you have a whole-body pic? Did she have any white on her when you got her? My australorps all have a little white on them. How old is she? Could she be a black sexlink?

3. CayuseRanch

Apr 4, 2011
    Newalla, Oklahoma
    The only white on her is on the underside. I will try and upload a full body pic but my internet is super slow tonight. She is 4 weeks old and my black sexlinks are 3 times her size but only a week older.

4. acrossthebranch

acrossthebranch Out Of The Brooder

Nov 20, 2010
    South Ga
    I'm not sure. My australorps are three weeks old and have a lot of white on their heads and white on the tips of their wings... maybe someone else will know better than I do!

5. CayuseRanch

Apr 4, 2011
    Newalla, Oklahoma
    Not the best full body shot but what I have available. She is in the bottom middle on this one.

[​IMG]

Top middle eating along the fence in this one.
    [​IMG]

6. dinahmoe

dinahmoe Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Sep 19, 2009
    central georgia
    she doesn't have a straight comb so need to consider your rose comb or pea comb breeds.could she be a mix?
    not to change the subject but where did you get the black curly frizzle necked neck bird in the picture?

7. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Hmm rose comb and black...All I can think of is Black Wyandotte,do you know what hatcehry they came from?I know nothing about wyandottes.
    Some hatcheries do sell black wyandottes.

Another one could be they used dominiques to make black sex links..Just tossing Ideas around.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  8. CayuseRanch

Apr 4, 2011
    Newalla, Oklahoma
    Quote:I bought it from a fellow okie byc'er named donnie. I think it is a sizzle, but I posted a pic of her yesterday on the Okie BYC thread saying that I think she has some NN in her too, but haven't heard back yet from the original owner.

The original chick has little to no comb to speak of at the moment. cant tell what kind it will be.

9. CayuseRanch

Apr 4, 2011
    Newalla, Oklahoma
    Quote:Hmmm...wyandotte may be an answer, it is the roughly the same size as my BLRW's, meaning they grow out slower. The sex links seem to grow really fast for me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by