What Breed am I?

Kaliki4

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 24, 2011
I was wondering if anyone can tell me what breed my chicks might be? They were part of a class project for my son's 2nd grade class. They hatched the eggs in the class room. We brought them home May 19 and they are now 1 month and 3 weeks old. I hope that I posted the pictures correctly. Any help will be appreciated.

97458_p6190359.jpg

97458_omelet.jpg

97458_eggy.jpg

They look a lot like the little white chicken I have and posted about here in this part of the forum. I was told it was a White Rock and I think those look like it too!

Quote:
They would have barring on their hackles and saddle.
wink.png

Delaware:
DelPr2.JPEG

I think that they're both White rock cockerels.

Adult white Plymouth Rock:
RockWhCkl.JPEG

White Rock.
Probably a cockerel.
NOT a Leghorn, they are much more petite built. White Rocks were used in making the Cornish Rock crosses that everyone raises for meat birds.

I actually have 4 chicks that we brought home and only one is a hen.
sad.png
I only know that they hatched form brown eggs? Do the Delawares lay brown eggs?

im no expert but if they were hatche in school could they be white leghorns since they are a great layer at 300+ eggs a year.
like i said no expert and could be byased as this is my first flock of leghorns i dont know yet as mine are only a week old

Delawares are brown eggs, but so are Rocks and most of your dual purpose chickens.

If it were a Cornish Rock cross, it would be eating size already. This one is, no doubt in my mind a White Rock.

Back
Top Bottom