What breed am I?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ihavechicks, Oct 6, 2013.

1. ihavechicks

ihavechicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    Cypress Inn, TN
    [​IMG]

I got her at a garage sale yesterday. They told me she was a EE that lays blue eggs. She's the sweetest little girl but scared of the rest of my flock. I was surprised to see how many bullies I have.

2. AK Baha

AK Baha Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2013
    Anchorage, Alaska.
    I would say EE but i'm no expert.Just a guess.

3. Bullitt

Bullitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012
    Texas

You might try putting this hen in a cage within the coop so your flock can get used to seeing this hen. Then after a few days you can allow the hen to become part of the flock.

It probably is an Easter Egger. But since Easter Egger is not a breed, it is difficult to identify. The name Easter Egger describes any chicken similar to an Ameraucana or Araucana that does not meet the breed standards.

4. Veer67

Veer67 Chillin' With My Peeps

She is an Easter Egger or an Easter Egger cross they are usually a cross between an Ameraucana and another breed of chicken, they can lay white, brown, blue, and olive colored eggs depending on how far away their blue egg gene is ( it looks like she has some blue laced red wyandotte in her). Here's a link that will help you integrate her into your flock smoothly: http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2013/04/when-to-move-chicks-from-brooder-to.html

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  5. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Looks like what you were told is correct!

6. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Yes, she's an Easter Egger. Pretty girl!

7. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    x2

8. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    She looks like an ee, but you need to quarantine her to make sure she's not sick and thus spreads it to your flock. Do everything for her last, after you have done your flock for the day. I dust and worm any new birds before they even get put into the qt pen. In this time she might even lay you an egg so than you would know what she lays. After at least a month of qt ( I do more than a month) you can slowly introduce her to your flock.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by