what breed am I?!

kwilds

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 21, 2014
I got these two hens a month ago and was told they were blue laced wyandottes. They do not look at all like blue laced to me! They came with a gold laced wyandotte and two red cornish hens who all look like what they are supposed to be. These two have dark reddish brown feathers with what I believe is called pencilled markings? The only breed I can find that even looks close is a Barnvelder - colour and markingwise they look very much like barnvelders BUT they definitely have rose combs not single combs. So . . . any ideas? maybe a cross? They are very sweet and I really don't care what they are, I'm just
curious!

welcome-byc.gif

I'm wondering if they're partridge Wyandottes? Or could they be a mix of partridge and laced?...not sure how that would come out.

The head looks like they could have some dark Cornish, but none of the rest of the body does.

They look like blue laced reds. Blue doesn't breed true, so sometimes you'll get blue (dark, light, medium), black, or splash. Those look like black ones.

Can anyone tell me what breed this rooster is? Someone have him to my Mom and I was thinking about taking him for her. I'm thinking it might be a silver americauna?

I got these two hens a month ago and was told they were blue laced wyandottes. They do not look at all like blue laced to me! They came with a gold laced wyandotte and two red cornish hens who all look like what they are supposed to be. These two have dark reddish brown feathers with what I believe is called pencilled markings? The only breed I can find that even looks close is a Barnvelder - colour and markingwise they look very much like barnvelders BUT they definitely have rose combs not single combs. So . . . any ideas? maybe a cross? They are very sweet and I really don't care what they are, I'm just
curious!
They look like Blue Laced Red Wyandottes to me, just in the Black version.

Thanks! I did some more searching on the black version of a blue laced wyandotte and sure enough they DO look like that. I like this black colour even more than a correctly coloured Blue lace!

Back
Top Bottom