What breed and color are these bunnies?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by JekkaLynn, Aug 26, 2014.

1. JekkaLynn

JekkaLynn Songster

Apr 25, 2014
    Ontario
    I answered an add for two baby male dwarf rabbits with a picture of little month old babies. When I went to pick them up I was given these two bunnies and told they were born on March 7! Not really babies anymore :p

Can anyone tell me what breed they are?
    And what their coloring is called. A friend is running a Poultry show and needs more people to enter rabbits so of they are even reasonably ok looking I will be entering them just to fill some cages.
    I known the pictures aren't the greatest but I didn't want to stress them out since I just got them late last night.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    The color is black, and they appear to be a mix of small breeds. The body type of the black one suggests that Mini Rex may be in the mix, but that isn't a Rex coat.[​IMG]

3. JekkaLynn

JekkaLynn Songster

Apr 25, 2014
    Ontario
    Too bad it would have been nice to show them. Oh well they are very friendly and next spring i will get them some girlfriends.

4. JekkaLynn

JekkaLynn Songster

Apr 25, 2014
    Ontario
    In the list for the show there are a few categories that just say; lop, small, rex, dwarf, or large A.O.V.
    Could I show my crossbreed rabbit in one of those categories or are the shows more for purebreds?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by