What breed and color is this brown hen?

smoothmule

Crowing
13 Years
Apr 12, 2008
Buffalo, Missouri
8809_trouble03jan2011_02.jpg

8809_trouble03jan2011_01.jpg

She lays dark brown eggs. She's got a lot of feathering on her legs and one toe. The underfluff behind the legs is pale grey. What is her color? Her comb isn't a pea comb but it's not got points on it, it's sort of wavy. She is huge.

Her coloring is a common color found on Easter Eggers, it's a poorly marked (and possibly only partial) BBR (gold duckwing)

Sounds and looks like a pea comb to me. The dark eggs are probably from Brahma x EE, then back to Brahma again.

Here are a couple more. I don't know much about Brahma's other than I have had a bantam brahma for over 8 yrs and she lays a pale brown egg and doesn't look like a smaller version of this hen however they have similar combs.

8809_trouble03jan2011_03.jpg

8809_trouble03jan2011_04.jpg

Well whatever is in her, Brahma is for sure one. She's got the pea comb, feathered shanks, dewlap, large skull, upward sweeping back, and poofy body of one. Are her legs yellow or white/pink?

Well, she lays whopping large eggs so she's a keeper. I don't see the EE part, that threw me but I'm here cause I didn't have a clue
tongue.png

I named her Trouble, long story. She was sold to me as something entirely different but I just fell in love with her giantness. She's just a year old and I don't think she's done growing. She waddles like an old duck and she's a lot of hen under all that fluff.

Back
Top Bottom