1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What breed and gender am I??? Anybody else, he has got a new home.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by momma's chickens, Oct 15, 2008.

1. momma's chickens

momma's chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    HI, I have this chicken, I don't remember ever even getting it and I have records of my chickens. Anyway, can somebody please identify breed and gender. I know the pic isn't the greatest my ds took it. Thank you!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
  2. fancyfowl4ever

fancyfowl4ever Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Cranbrook, BC, Canada
    Do you mean the black and red one with the white earlobe? Looks exactly like my rosecomb brown leghorn rooster, at least from that distance. Its a rooster for sure, can't be 100% on breed though, need a few closer up shots for that.

3. momma's chickens

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    Well isn't that interesting because I never purchased leghorn chicks. He seems friendly enough but I have a Buttercup roo that rules the roost. Is yours friendly? Thank you for answering this post.

4. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    I'd also think he's a brown leghorn. They are pretty good at flying... maybe he saw greener grass in your coop?

5. momma's chickens

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    I found a nice home for him, he will be the only rooster to their 16 females. However, when I went to put him in the cage he made horrible clucking hen sounds. He is pretty but I want to make sure he is a he before I say good-bye.

Here is one more pic.

[​IMG]

6. mikarod

mikarod Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I'm sorry but I see Gold-Spangled Hamburg cockerel when I look at him.

7. momma's chickens

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    Mikarod, that makes sense because I did PURCHASE a Gold-Spangled Hamburg this spring. Thank you!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
  8. mikarod

mikarod Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Quick question: How do you do a Gold-Spangled Hamburg??? LOL!

*does happy dance* [​IMG]

9. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Quote:[​IMG]

Naughty

10. momma's chickens

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    LOL, do you see what one small typo can do. [​IMG] That is not a mad face, but an embarrassed one. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by