What Breed and Gender are my 6 week old chicks?

Allyluvschicks

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 21, 2014
Her feet are pretty yellow

Her feet are yellow on the bottom

My other two, think a Sicilian Buttercup and Some color of Dorking, she has five toes

They are from My pet chickens Rare Breed Assortment :)

Last edited:
Can't quite tell comb from the picture, If the first one has a rose comb maybe Columbian Wyandotte
Second looks like a Blue Ameraucana
Third Black Andalusian looks like a light breed bird?, or maybe Jersey Giant if bigger than it looks in the picture.

First looks to have a single comb so might be a delaware, second might be a blue ameraucana but probably a blue ee, on the third one I think I see yellow feet bottoms so I would go with a jersey giant.

The first bird is a mix, if it was a Rock, Wyandotte, Delaware or even a Leghorn (Columbian pattern) it would have Yellow shanks/legs. That first bird has green shanks/legs.

The first bird is a mix, if it was a Rock, Wyandotte, Delaware or even a Leghorn (Columbian pattern) it would have Yellow shanks/legs. That first bird has green shanks/legs.
Actually, I think that is lighting -- if you notice, the legs are much more in shadow in the photos of the first bird than the other two, and I see shading, not green legs.

Very new to this, but I'll take a gander ... wait that's a different bird ?!?

The first one, although looks similar to a Delaware I don't think it is. I have three 5 week old D's and they all have more black specks on their backs and necks. The heads/knecks do not look quite the same shape and they do not have yellow feet. The others look exactly like my Blue Andalusians. I have two greys and one black and they are almost a perfect match to these.

Again ... very, very new here!

Back
Top Bottom