—CHOOSE A NAME—What breed and gender are these ducks? BE PREPARED FOR DUCK PHOTOS TOMORROW!!

What name for a Black Swedish female duck?

• Total voters

FluffTheDuck

Duck love is recognizable in any language
Nov 26, 2018
London, UK
My Coop
My Coop
@Miss Lydia
I am at TSC right now and I am going to buy 2 ducks.. the problem is I don’t know what breed.
It has a white belly and the top of the duck is black. I will get pictures but I am at Walmart right now and when I go back I will take pics. I asked the manager to hold two of the black ones so I’ll be fine and she’s guarding the duck area. Also how do I sex them by looking at them? One of them has golden tips at the wing does that mean it’s a male? Please answer ASAP I don’t want to take chances of getting a male.
THANKS!
I will post pics

Going off your discription, the breed is Black Swedish. Unfortunately, there is no way to be sure of gender until the point of voice change. Also, drakes do develop their curly tail feathers, but this happens much later in their development. There is vent-sexing, however, this should only be done by those who have necessary experience as this could potentially injure the duckling; even this method is not always accurate. So, you are still taking the risk of ending up with drake(s). I look forward to seeing pictures of the little fluff balls!

Argh! They sold out :( I specifically told the manager to keep 2 black ducks and after an hour of walmarting I went back and they had sold ALL 3. The boss of the manager said that he will call me tomorrow. He wrote down my number and my name and took a picture of what he wrote down. I was looking on TSCS website and they get their ducks from Hoover’s Hatchery and so I looked on Hoover’s website and the next Black Swedish shipping is on April 4th. We’ll see... to be continued :(

Argh! They sold out :( I specifically told the manager to keep 2 black ducks and after an hour of walmarting I went back and they had sold ALL 3. The boss of the manager said that he will call me tomorrow. He wrote down my number and my name and took a picture of what he wrote down. I was looking on TSCS website and they get their ducks from Hoover’s Hatchery and so I looked on Hoover’s website and the next Black Swedish shipping is on April 4th. We’ll see... to be continued :(
So... I was ALSO thinking.. I’m going to get those BS ducks one way or another, it’s my destiny.

Those ducks weren’t meant for me, who knows, they all might’ve been males!
I’m going to be a 6 duck MOMMY!! :woot

Edited to remove some ‘:’s

What a bummer! And how frustrating that they still sold them after you specifically requested they be reserved.

Back
Top Bottom