What breed and gender are they?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Patdepoulet, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Patdepoulet

Patdepoulet New Egg

Sep 19, 2011
    Hi,

I am new to the chicken world. We have 5 chicken, they are 10 weeks old. And i want to know their gender and breed if someone can help me on this.

The first one is named Colibri:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one is Fuyard:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is Sue Helen:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is Gabriel:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the last one, Gisele:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you for your help.

2. spiritdance

spiritdance Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2010
    With those legs, the prominent brow bone, coloring, and pink comb, I think Fuyard could be an Easter Egger roo. Gabriel looks to me like a "Gabby," as in EE pullet. Being black, she could be Ameraucana, but since she came from the same source as Fuyard, I'd bet on Easter Egger. Sue, possibly a mixed Barred Rock pullet; Colibri, IDK; Giselle, white leghorn pullet?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Colibri is a Buff Orpington, Fuyard is an Easter Egger cockerel, Sue Helen is a cross of Barred Rock, EE, and possibly something else too (basically a mutt) and likely a cockerel, Gabriel is very likely an Easter Egger too, and Gisele is possibly also either a mutt or an Easter Egger.

4. Patdepoulet

Patdepoulet New Egg

Sep 19, 2011
    The guy who sell me them tell me that Gabriel ( black one) is an ameraucana, Fuyard an EE, Colibiri (buff) and Gisele (white) are supposed to be Chanteclerc. Is it possible? And Fuyard is the biggest.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  5. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Yes. [​IMG]

6. Patdepoulet

Patdepoulet New Egg

Sep 19, 2011
    Thank for your help. But i am curious, what tell you that Sue Helen (possibly a cross of Barred Rock) is a cockerel?

7. Angiebubs

Angiebubs Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2011
    Amery, WI WI/MN border
    Illia/spiritdance: Curious what makes Sue Helen not look like a pure barred rock? (New to this as well and Sue Ellen looks like my month old barred rocks)

8. smarsh

smarsh Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    lexington, KY
    Quote:my guess is they think the coloring is too pale, but it is mixed and you can toss the color out the window. the barred one is a pullet, and she may have dominique in her, that looks to be a double comb. the only sure roo in the bunch is the big black and white (2nd bird). i think the rest are pullets, the next most likely roo is the buff one (showing a little too much red in the comb for 10 weeks)

9. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Quote:The color and face. The color is too light and too far spread of barring, as if the bird was a cross of something barred and something non-barred, plus, the face has residual beard and muffs on it. Very sparse and small, but it's there. Normal Rocks shouldn't have that. [​IMG]

10. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    What kind of comb do Colibri and Giselle have? Fuyard's coloration and comb indicate he is a roo. Sue Helen looks to have a beard/muffs to me too but I can't say that she particularly looks rooish. It's really hard to tell the gender on Gabriel from the pics. I would like to see better pics of the comb.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by