What breed and gender is my chick?

peepnpato

Chirping
Jun 27, 2019
Hi! My chick is about 3 weeks old and I was wondering if anyone could help identify what type of chicken he is, along with the gender? When we got him, he was in a box with a bunch of white leghorn chickens but he was the only tan one. They said he was a leghorn but I wasn't sure if there was a mixup because the difference in color.
Anyone know?
Also, is he too young to tell what gender?

Thanks!

Attachments

peepnpato

Chirping
Jun 27, 2019
Looks like a Silkie mix. Where did you get this chick?
There was actually silkies in the box as well but they were also white and had a lot of feathers on their feet. Ruled them out bc the person helping us said he was a leghorn. But he was the only one that looked different from all the rest. Possible he is a mixture of both?
Got him from the local pet store

Last edited:

Lizzy733

Songster
Nov 13, 2018
New Zealand
Partridge silkie with poor genetics? Missing the foot feathering... how many toes? Still has the rose comb though, so will be a 'while' before you will know gender for sure. Tricky ones can take till 'crow or lay', which could be 24+ weeks.

peepnpato

Chirping
Jun 27, 2019
Partridge silkie with poor genetics? Missing the foot feathering... how many toes? Still has the rose comb though, so will be a 'while' before you will know gender for sure. Tricky ones can take till 'crow or lay', which could be 24+ weeks.
He has 3 toes!

Latest posts

Top Bottom