What breed and gender is this 3.5 month old?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Diamantine, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Diamantine

Diamantine Out Of The Brooder

I was sold this bird as a week old swedish flower hen chick. Seriously doubting that it's a SFH. Can anyone guess it's breed and confirm its sex at 3.5 months old? Note it's bright yellow legs and single comb. Thank you so much for your help!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  2. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Definitely not as Swedish Flower Hen. I'm not sure what breed it is, but it looks like a possible mix (with a barred breed or a game breed). The gender is correct; she's a pullet.

3. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    X2 it looks like a mixed breed pullet.

4. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    x3 Pretty bird, whatever she is.

5. Diamantine

Diamantine Out Of The Brooder

The farm she came from has a couple different breeds including Legbars. Would this be her breed or would she still be mixed? There doesn't appear to be any Barred Rocks at the farm.

6. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Hi neighbor--I'm in Grants Pass!

Well, she's not a barred rock, but she did have a barred father. I know Legbar roosters carry barring, but I don't know enough about them to know if they'd throw a bird like this or not. Also not familiar with the Legbar body type. She wouldn't be a pure Legbar, she doesn't look like a pure anything--someone hopped a fence or got their eggs mixed up. If you paid $$$ for her, you should be contacting the seller and having them make it right for you. I'm sure you paid more than you would have for a mixed breed pullet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by