Lin_0330

Songster
Apr 9, 2018
London, UK
I have a 8 week chick. It came with other eggs labelled as warren brown. But it starts to look a lot different to its mates. It has grey skins and a slightly spread out tail feathers and a head feathers. I really wish it is a she. Can anyone tell?
IMG_0771.JPG
IMG_0772.JPG
IMG_0775.JPG
IMG_0774.JPG

My first guess is some sort of silkie mix, but it doesn't have a fifth toe or feathered feet. It's some kind of mix. The trick is figuring out what type of mix. It's definitely not a Warren Brown, though:).

These are the chickens that she (I hope it is a she) currently live with. The two browns ones are what I hatched from the 'warren brown' eggs and yes they look different from each other as well and one broiler which so hard for me to eat it so I kept it as long as she feel happy.
IMG_0732.JPG
IMG_0695.JPG

You do know your meat bird isn't going to live very long right?
You may want to prepare for what is going to happen with it.

You do know your meat bird isn't going to live very long right?
You may want to prepare for what is going to happen with it.
Yes I know. It is very sad. I have tried to limit the food during the day and no food during the night. She is still waking fine and runs to me when I come to the garden. She seems really happy to have a nap under the sun and doing the dust bath. They are living together peacefully. When the time come she looks she cannot walk and I know there is no good life for her in the future I will do what need to be done.

Yes I know. It is very sad. I have tried to limit the food during the day and no food during the night. She is still waking fine and runs to me when I come to the garden. She seems really happy to have a nap under the sun and doing the dust bath. They are living together peacefully. When the time come she looks she cannot walk and I know there is no good life for her in the future I will do what need to be done.
:hugs:thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom