What breed and gender?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by herpsss, Jul 9, 2011.

1. herpsss

herpsss Out Of The Brooder

Jul 9, 2011
    northern,va
    [​IMG]

Last 1. It has never crowed so I guess it's a hen. But it sometimes acts like a rooster. So I'm just not sure. Sorry about the separate posts I can't figure out how to get all of the pictures on 1 post [​IMG]
    Thanks ahead for any help you can give!

2. joe17

joe17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2009
    Louisiana
    It looks like a d'uccle rooster

3. AccentOnHakes

AccentOnHakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2009
    Quote:x2
    It's got the saddle feathers. Mille Fleur is the name of the coloring, in case you wanted to know.

4. herpsss

Jul 9, 2011
    northern,va
    Thanks! But not good...now i have 4 roos and 1 hen! Ugghh. Well, i guess i always had them, just now i know!
    Oh, and which are saddle feathers??? The long on the neck??

5. Toshi

Toshi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2011
    IN corn state
    saddke feathers are on the back of the roo aroudn teh tail area, and btw prettty birdy

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  6. Obyli

Obyli Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    California Torrance
    lol it looks like brown leghorn and black silkies Crossed. Maybe buff orp idk my white leghorn and silkies are barely 11 weeks - - LOL

7. incubatingisfun

incubatingisfun Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2009
    Alaska
    looks like a Duccle roo. you are going to need to get more hens or get rid of three roosters.If you dont the one hen is going to get beat up

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  8. snyd08

snyd08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    Quote:this is a sure thing. most people only keep 1-2 roosters per 12-18 hens. or in trio pens. 1 roo per 2-3 hens. 4 roos per 1 hen or 3 roos per one hen EVEN 2:.1hen is just trouble waiting to take place.

9. FarmCoe

FarmCoe Flock Mistress

May 22, 2010
    Planet Earth
    Quote:x2
    It's got the saddle feathers. Mille Fleur is the name of the coloring, in case you wanted to know.

x3

10. herpsss

Jul 9, 2011
    northern,va
    This is really helpful..thank you all. All of the roos are so sweet and hop in your lap..its gonna be hard to choose. But 3 of them ( the bandito brothers) all look the same so we'll probably get rid of 2. And of course get more hens! This has been so much fun and my whole family has become chicken nuts already [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by