what breed and gender?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by cuteubbi, Aug 16, 2013.

1. cuteubbi

cuteubbi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2013
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. redstar14

redstar14 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2013
    [​IMG]
    Maybe a silkie mix

3. chooks4life

chooks4life Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2013
    Australia
    Really helps if you say how many and what age ;) For all I know it's all the same bird. Or four different birds.

However it looks like one bird to me. It looks sick, though.

I am no expert on breeds but have a fair bit of experience sexing mongrels. I think it is an extremely underdeveloped male brahma cross. Or something feather-footed crossed with a light sussex. I see yellowish and reddish colored feathers on his wings and so he's definitely not purebred. Unless he's from a breed I've never heard of, which is entirely possible.

I see very subtle signs of male feathering, but its development is normal for a female.

4. Sjeane

Sjeane Out Of The Brooder

Aug 15, 2013
    Evans, Louisiana
    Looks alot like my light brahma when it was younger, this is her currently, pic was with her fluffing out
    [​IMG]

how old is yours? mine is 3 months

5. Flat Rock farm

Flat Rock farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2012
    Branchton, ON Canada
    I agree with Sjeane, looks like a light Brahma to me as well.

6. cuteubbi

Jun 25, 2013

well, thnx for a detailed answer. these pics are of one chick. Age 4 months. and she/he is not sick, he is healthy very active and naughty. someone sold me this as light brahma but i m little concern with its some light redish feathers and second its not round in shape thts why i posted its pics here....well, thnx again:)

7. cuteubbi

Jun 25, 2013
    its 4 month old. do u think tht some redish feathers on my chick is ok for light brahma?

8. cuteubbi

Jun 25, 2013

pure light brahma?

9. Sjeane

Sjeane Out Of The Brooder

Aug 15, 2013
    Evans, Louisiana
    oh, i didnt consider those to be redish, i just thought it was some dirt/dust or something lol, just looked at a picture at feathersite :http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGA/Brahma/BRKBrahma.html
    on the light brahma picture the have of "Jeff Iurato's Light Brahma cock and hen" the cock looks to have some of the redish feathers on its lower chest.

10. cuteubbi

Jun 25, 2013

i watched the pic..can i c some more pics of ur brahma...and abt the pic of ur brahma which u shared...what is their aga at the time when u have taken this pic

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by