What breed and gender?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Silkiehen, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Silkiehen

Silkiehen Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2014
    [​IMG]

Please help if you can. Can anyone see any roos? Also what breeds, I can get better pics if needed.

2. Silkiehen

Feb 15, 2014
    [​IMG]

3. Tricoglossus

Tricoglossus Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    You have a lot of chicks in those photos. Too young to tell sex. Watch them as they grow, look for larger, redder wattles and combs at a younger age in the male chicks. As for breed, they have the colouration of game chicks but other breeds may have that appearance at that age. Where did you get them from?

4. shannondee12

shannondee12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2013
    Left Hand, WV
    Were they all hatched at the same time? I have had good luck telling the boys from the girls with my hatches due to the size of the legs. The boys seem to have a thicker, stockier leg than the females. It might not be as accurate for you as feather or vent sexing but it has worked for me in the past. As far as breed, hopefully someone with more knowledge than me will chime in but it's to young to tell for me.

5. Silkiehen

Feb 15, 2014
    TSC... They told me they were Wyndottes.

6. Silkiehen

Feb 15, 2014
    I am pretty sure! I bought them from TSC

7. shannondee12

shannondee12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2013
    Left Hand, WV
    I am by no means an expert but I have several variations of wyandottes myself that I have had since hatching and those don't look like wyandottes to me.

8. WalkingOnSunshine

WalkingOnSunshine Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2008
    Ohio
    They're too young to sex.. and they are not Wyandottes. You're fallen prey to the dreaded TSC-Chick-In-The-Wrong-Bin disease. Don't feel bad, I looked in the chick bins at Rural King the other day and there were red chicks in a bin labeled Buff Orpingtons. [​IMG] TSC, feed stores, Rural King--those places are all Buyer Beware. You've got to know what you're looking at, or take your chances.

Post photos again when they are about eight weeks old. We'll be able to help you then.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by