what breed and how old?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by farmgirl277, Nov 3, 2013.

1. farmgirl277

farmgirl277 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 11, 2013
    [​IMG]

So I got this hen two months ago with no background on her. She looks young but no eggs yet (she stays in the run with the other 5month olds so I know she's not hiding them in the woods. She can fly very high (she used to live in a tree) and she makes different noises than my other gals and rooster. As you can tell she has grey legs and the light brown portion seems to be spreading. She is very neat and I love her so I don't really care if she's a purebred or anything I was just curious. Thanks! Alex

2. RanchGirl13

RanchGirl13 Chillin' With My Peeps

It looks like it could be a light orpington but I dont really know and if she isn't laying yet she is probably around 2-3 months old most chickens start to lay around 4-5 months old

3. Veer67

Veer67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Do you have more pictures of her? She sounds like a mix.

4. farmgirl277

Aug 11, 2013
    [​IMG]
    This is her with my 5 month old barred rocks. Shes about the same size just thinner which is why im thinking shes almost the same age. So you agree shes not old? [​IMG] here is a closer picture of her.
    Thankd so much for your help. I hope she starts laying soon :)

5. farmgirl277

Aug 11, 2013
    [​IMG] she likes the rooster maybe we'll have babies!! Haha[​IMG]

6. Veer67

She doesn't look like a Buff Orpington, they have pale colored feet and legs, the Blue, splash, and Black variety have blue-ish and darker colored legs/feet. Her color looks a lot like a Red Pyle OEG but the leg and foot colors don't match. I would say that she is a mix for now. She seems like a sweet and curious girl from the pictures. :)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  7. Veer67

[​IMG]Most people on BYC love chickens! [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. farmgirl277

Aug 11, 2013
    I love my chickens! They are spoiled and I don't care if she ever lays, althought that would be nice. Hopefully we'll get some more chicks in the spring. Thanks for all of your help I really appreciate it!
    Alex

9. RanchGirl13

RanchGirl13 Chillin' With My Peeps

I didn't say buff I said light

10. Veer67

I haven't heard of or seen Light Orpingtons so I thought you were talking about a lighter version of a Buff Orpington. Do you have pictures of one?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by