What breed and if possible gender?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by gabirder, Apr 7, 2012.

1. gabirder

gabirder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2012
    My son and I picked up a few chicks from Tractor Supply about 4 weeks ago after our shipment of chicks arrived dead with the exception of one little Dominique (who we have now named Donna Summer). We did not want to wait for the hatchery sent replacements to arrive and leave Donna Summer all alone. I have been able to identify all the chicks we have with the exception of two. In the picutre with multiple chicks I am interested in the black and white/yellow chick and the yellow with red tip feathers chick. Thank you all for any assistance. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Jkioneil

Jkioneil Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2010
    Oregon
    The teo in the top picture are what look to me like a Australorp and the one with white on the top of her head is a Barred Rock. down below the red one is a RIR and the two yellow ones are Buff Orpingtons the little one between them all I don't know for sure. Seems a little early for gender but you probably have pullets.

3. a123andpoof

a123andpoof Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2011
    The one on the left is definatly an australorp I have 2 just a few weeks older than yours. I don't think the one is a buff orpington, but not totally sure. Buffs don't have any red on them.

4. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    the black is a australorp and second could be a bo

5. Jkioneil

Jkioneil Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2010
    Oregon
    I don't see red on the yellow one? the one with orange on it's head could be an easter egger.

6. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Australorp and we need a close up pic of the other one. :thumbsup

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by