What breed and sex are these

William1hens

In the Brooder
5 Years
Dec 14, 2014
Hi.I'm just wondering does anybody have any idea what breed these 12 week old chickens are and are they hens or Roo's.I also have two black hens.I think they are black Australorps but can anyone confirm this.

Last edited:
Mixed breed rooster.
Hi.I'm just wondering does anybody have any idea what breed these 12 week old chickens are and are they hens or Roo's.I also have two black hens.I think they are black Australorps but can anyone confirm this.
Mixed breed roosters.
[/URL]Mixed breed rooster.
Black Australorp, or possibly another common black breed (Orpington, Jersey Giant).

Hello and welcome to Byc ! :)

First pic: looks like a australorp and a pullet to me. She looks like she's reached PoL . Has she showed any signs of laying.

Second pic: looks like two game birds . maybe oxford or old english. The both look like roosters especially the left one although the right bird has quite henish colouring but the taol feathers are quite a givaway.

Third pic: looks again like a game. Either old english or oxford. Not sure of the sex as the tail and hackle feathers are hard to see. The few tail feathers that you can see are very pronounced and upright so could be a roo.

Hope this helps. :)

Sorry my computer didnt load the images properly so my guesses weren't in order but they have loaded now. :)

First pic: looks like a oxford or old english game roo.

Second pic: looks very like a black sussex hen.

Third pic: two old english or oxford game roos but the one of the right has quite henish colouring.

Fourth pic: another old english or oxford game roo or mixed breed.

Fifth pic: black autralorp or jersey giant. Definetely a hen should be very close to lay.:)

Sorry about the confusion :)

Back
Top Bottom