what breed AND sex is this?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by KooKoe, Nov 28, 2010.

1. KooKoe

KooKoe Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2010
    So, it's a rescue chicken. (Brooklyn) quite a large bird already, but it peeps like a chick still. It's definately crossed with something, but is anyone thinking brahma? I also have no idea if it's a roo or a pullet.... any ideas?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the little white "fuzz" that walks around with it is just another little mutt of mine. Cricket. She is definately a pullet. Although these two don't hang out with my main roo and the other pullets. the roo doesn't seem to be too interested in Brooklyn. The hens however pick on Cricket and Brooklyn all the time.

2. HAL_9000

HAL_9000 Out Of The Brooder

definately looks to be a brahama cross.. and as red and developed as that comb is... I am thinking prolly a roo... I have a 5 month old brahama pullet still very little development of the comb.. then again.. I reall don't know...

3. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Yep Brahma (cross?) Roo

4. BloominOrchid

BloominOrchid Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Worcester Township
    x3

5. KooKoe

KooKoe Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2010
    Quote:Well, I say cross because the Brahma pictures available show just the black on the tail and neck. Brooklyn has spots all over so I assumed it's crossed with something...

6. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    I'd say Brahma x Rock.

I myself got one from what the hatchery claimed is a lot of "purebred" Brahmas - [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by