What breed and sex!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Morighan, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Morighan

Morighan New Egg

Jul 4, 2016
    Southeast US
    Large white bird. The picture was taken two months ago, since then it has grown even larger. It is larger than my blue swedish male duck.[​IMG]

2. Hi there!
    Cute bird! I think female because I don't see any hackle feathers(thinner, pointy, and on the neck). What does the tail look like?
    Not sure on breed, sorry

3. Morighan

Morighan New Egg

Jul 4, 2016
    Southeast US
    I'll see if i can get a good picture of her in the morning. But the tail looks pretty well like the rest of her body it is slightly raised but not very long.

4. summerb123

summerb123 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2016
    Mississippi
    looks like a white leghorn do you have a more updated picture of the bird please post
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
  5. Matt A NC

Matt A NC Overrun With Chickens

Feb 22, 2007
    Morganton, NC
    not a leghorn. They are more stream lined and hyper. I would suggest it is a White Rock. If it has grown huge in a short time, I am afraid it might be a Cornish cross. That is a broiler that is used for meat which are fast growing and short lived.

6. Morighan

Morighan New Egg

Jul 4, 2016
    Southeast US
    It was bigger than my other chicks when i got it like two to three times their size. I dont think it grew particularly fast just about as fast as the others but it is much larger than my others.

7. Morighan

Morighan New Egg

Jul 4, 2016
    Southeast US

I'll get a good one of Finny in the morning. They're all roosting and asleep right now.

8. summerb123

summerb123 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2016
    Mississippi
    might be a white rock my girl is huge compared to other pullets
    [​IMG]

9. Morighan

Morighan New Egg

Jul 4, 2016
    Southeast US
    Yay! Finny looks very similar to that. I dont know if her tail feathers are quite that long though. But I may be comparing to my Bantams.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by