What Breed and Sex

MikkiLee

Hatching
Sep 27, 2019
Hi there I am wondering if I post a few pictures if anyone can identify some of the breeds of chickens I have and If they are male or female. I'm having a hard time distinguishing the breeds I was told I have. I beleive the white chicken with black specks and the red comb is a Roo, based on the fact that he has a large red comb already and none of my other chickens have developed like this yet. Also when I got them I was told the were Ameraucana, Isa Brown, Easter Egger and Mystic Maran, which i'm not sure is a real breed anyway, but either way any help is appreciated Thanks everyone.
image2-2.jpeg
image4.jpeg
image5.jpeg
image1-2.jpeg
image3.jpeg
image2-2.jpeg image4.jpeg image5.jpeg image1-2.jpeg image3.jpeg

Where are you from, is that a heat light on them? Just wondering because they appear to be fully featured so they shouldn’t need the light. ;).

How did you get them hatch, bought, from your own flock. If from your flock what breeds do u have

Edit: opps I see you got them somewhere. Sorry

Where are you from, is that a heat light on them? Just wondering because they appear to be fully featured so they shouldn’t need the light. ;).

How did you get them hatch, bought, from your own flock. If from your flock what breeds do u have

Edit: opps I see you got them somewhere. Sorry
Yes I did have the light on, was trying to get better pictures lol, they are about 8 weeks old. I bought them from Tractor Supply, I have 12 of them, just took pictures of a few to see if I could figure out which breeds were which.

Mystic Marans are a cross between the black copper maran and the barred rock. Sex linked so you can tell them apart at time of hatching. Last dark chocolate eggs.

I see a pair of easter eggers, no ameraucana (if you get them at TSC and they say ameraucana on them, they're really easter eggers. Ameraucana are expensive birds)
The first one is your marans cross... the white with the red comb is a cockerel.
I also don't see an ISA, which is a form of red sex link.

Back
Top Bottom