What breed and will she go broody?

PortugalBantam

Chirping
5 Years
Nov 8, 2014
Portugal
What breed and will she go broody?

broody?

It's possible she is a black sex link, but she could be a barnyard mix. While some breeds do tend to go broody, each bird is an individual and will do her own thing.

Looks like black sex link or mix as mentioned above--especially if they were all hatched together. Black sex links from a big hatchery are a combination of production strains, but they can easily be made from any appropriate cock over a barred hen. Depending on which breeds were involved will likely influence how strong the broody trait carried over.

A production/hatchery Black Sex Link was my only broody this past summer.

Looks like black sex link or mix as mentioned above--especially if they were all hatched together. Black sex links from a big hatchery are a combination of production strains, but they can easily be made from any appropriate cock over a barred hen. Depending on which breeds were involved will likely influence how strong the broody trait carried over.

x2

X3

Last edited:
She appears to be a Black Sex Link hen. I've raised BSLs for years and they are egg laying machines that rarely go broody. You should get loads of eggs from her. :eek:)

Back
Top Bottom